Costumed Junior Interpreter
Assist staff and other volunteers with the interpretation and animation of the museum and grounds to museum visitors.
Age Requirement: 12 - 17
- Assist staff, volunteers and the visiting public with daily activities and chores from 1812 or 1850â€™s depending on the programming.
- Provide positive customer service to the visiting public at all times.
- Carry out activities in a responsible, cooperative and respectful manner.
- Dress in historic costume and use appropriate language from 1812 or the 1850â€™s.
- Review information packages and practice daily activities before assisting staff and volunteers.
- Work cooperatively with staff and volunteers to set up, demonstrate and clean up the activities.
- Work on an assigned individual project during quiet periods.
- Attend orientation and training sessions.
- Notify the designated staff member about any schedule changes.
- Volunteers must accept and follow the direction of the Cultural Manager, staff, and volunteer they are assigned to work with.
- Direct visitor questions to a staff member when unsure of the response.
- Youth volunteers must be 12 years of age before starting the program.
- Youth must be responsible, cooperative, demonstrate initiative, have a positive attitude and commit to providing excellent customer service to our visitors.
- Must be able to follow directions and guidelines.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with staff, volunteers and the visiting public.
- Available to attend all orientation and training sessions.
- Youth must personally request an application package.
Time Frame:The position requires some weekends throughout the year and daytime during July and August.
Training & Supervision:
- Mandatory orientation and training session with parents in attendance.
- Monitoring of volunteer activities on a daily basis by staff and/or assigned volunteer.
Staff Contact: Angela Bobier, Cultural Manager
- Meet new friends and learn great customer service skills.
- Earn Community Involvement hours for high school.
- Reference and scholarship letters.
- Invitations to volunteer appreciation events.