Assist the Cultural Manager with additional research on future exhibits, local history or interpretation of the Backus-Page House Museum.
- Meet with the Cultural Manager to discuss the project expectations and parameters.
- Submit the research to the Cultural Manager by an agreed upon date.
- Knowledge of research skills.
- Experience working with archival documents and special collections.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work and travel to various work locations.
Time Frame:Depends on the project being researched.
Training & Supervision:
- Initial meeting with the Cultural Manager to discuss the project and review the guidelines.
- Monitoring and ongoing support of project activities by the Cultural Manager as required.
Staff Contact: Angela Bobier, Cultural Manager
- Participate in the Backus-Page House Museum programs and the development of exhibits.
- Develop and enhance understanding of regional history.
- Flexible schedule for conducting project research.
- Opportunity to enhance and develop research skills.
- Free admission to the Backus-Page House Museum.
- Use of the museumâ€™s library.
- Invitations to volunteer appreciation events.